Simply put; Aquaponics is a growing system that combines the rising of Freshwater Aquatic animals such as fish, prawns, and crabs in tanks along with Vegetables/plants in soilless grow beds.
This system is very ancient and has developed in many styles for today’s world, which makes the farming method extremely exciting due to its ability to;
- Produces both aquatic food and vegetable crops in the same grow house.
- Efficient, sustainable, and highly productive.
- Use 1/6th of the water to grow 8 times more food per acre compared to traditional agriculture!
- All-natural fertilizer source from fish waste.
- No reliance on manufactured fertilizers.
- Produces are free of pesticides and herbicides
- Fish are free of growth hormones and antibiotics.
- Allows continuous production of food.
- Is sustainable and earth-friendly, low carbon footprint
- Eliminating soil eliminates soil-borne diseases.
- When combined with a Controlled Environment, you can grow year-round in any climate
“Together We Can Grow” Commercial Aquaponics systems are not just about Aquaponics, but a Eco farming practise